Here you can find answers to the question:
- What does Brexit mean for the recognition?
What does Brexit mean for the recognition?
Brexit is the term used to describe the departure of the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) from the European Union (EU). The departure took place on 31 January 2020. The transition period ended on 31 December 2020. Since 1 January 2021, a partnership agreement governs the relations between the EU and the United Kingdom.
Brexit has legal ramifications on the of from the United Kingdom:
- In the case of that have already been recognised, the will remain valid after Brexit.
- If the of a British is applied for before 1 January 2021 and is not yet decided, the will be continued and completed under the withdrawal agreement in accordance with the rules and procedures provided for by the relevant EU legislation. The will be able to provide more detailed information. You can find out who that is in the .
- If recognition is applied for after 1 January 2021, then the national regulations for from apply. Regardless of this, EU citizens who obtained their qualification on or before 31 December 2020 in the United Kingdom can continue to apply for and receive recognition in accordance with the regulations of the .
- According to the partnership agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom, professional organisations for both contracting parties can propose simplified recognition regulations for specific occupations.