An offer from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training

EU As­sis­tance Cen­tre

“An­erken­nung in Deutsch­land” is the of­fi­cial As­sis­tance Cen­tre in Ger­many for is­sues re­lat­ing to the recog­ni­tion of for­eign pro­fes­sion­al qual­i­fi­ca­tions from the EU, the EEA and from Switzer­land.

Assistance for citizens from the EU, the EEA and from Switzerland 

Are you a citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or of Switzerland (abbreviated as: EU/EWR/Switzerland)? And, do you have any questions about the recognition of your professional qualification in Germany? If so, you can contact the German Assistance Centre. 

“Anerkennung in Deutschland” is the German Assistance Centre in accordance with Article 57b of the EU Recognition Directive. The official name is “Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications”.

We advise citizens from the EU/EEA/Switzerland as well as Assistance Centres in other member states of the EU on issues relating to recognition.

We also provide information for individuals with a German professional qualification who would like to have their qualification recognised in another state of the EU, the EEA or in Switzerland (EU/EEA/Switzerland).

Information available on “Anerkennung in Deutschland”

Make use of the information provided on the portal “Anerkennung in Deutschland”! This takes you to the homepage for skilled workers.

Our Recognition Finder provides all the information you need about the recognition procedure for your profession in Germany.

Do you need a specific document from your country of origin for Recognition in Germany? If so, please contact the Assistance Centre in your country of origin. A list of all the Assistance Centres is available on the EU Commission’s English language page: Free movement of professionals

Did you not find the information you were looking for on our portal? If so, you can contact us directly using the following contact form: EU Assistance Centre contact form