An offer from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
  • Your profession
  • Your place of work
  • What needs to be
  • Your procedure

Engineer or Consulting Civil Engineer?

If you hold a foreign professional qualification as an engineer, you can apply for recognition as engineer. Therefore, you apply for a licence to hold or use the German professional title of "Engineer". This formal recognition of equivalence can be useful or even required in some cases. Please find detailed information under the heading "Engineer (m/f)".

If you are interested in working in Germany as an independent consulting engineer, you can apply for a licence to carry the professional title of "Consulting Engineer". Please find detailed information on this process under the heading "Consulting Engineer (m/f)".

Which profession are you interested in?