An offer from the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training
  • Your profession
  • Your place of work
  • What needs to be
  • Your procedure

Pharmacist (m/f)

If you hold a foreign professional qualification as a pharmacist and wish to work in that profession in Germany, you need official, state-issued accreditation, the so-called "approbation". This approbation is an unrestricted professional license. The approbation is mandatory should you wish to work in Germany in any kind of pharmaceutical field or intend to open up a pharmacy of your own. Detailed information about the issuance of an approbation and the recognition of your foreign professional qualification is available under the item "Pharmacist (m/f)".

If you have attained additional pharmaceutical job specialisation and a qualification as a specialised pharmacist, you can apply for recognition of this specialised professional title in Germany. Choose your specialisation under the item “Specialised pharmacist (m/f)” and read detailed information regarding this recognition process.

Please note: You need approbation as a pharmacist before applying for the recognition of your specialised title.

Which profession are you interested in?