Fields of work
Water supply engineering technicians work at government-owned and industrial water supply companies.
- Operate, monitor, inspect, maintain and repair water extraction, treatment, pumping, storage and distribution facilities
- Lay pipelines, assemble and dismantle relevant facilities
- Be in possession of the necessary electro-technical skills to carry out a limited scope of switching operations and repairs to electrical facilities at waterworks
- Take samples to conduct own monitoring of drinking water, determine and evaluate quality parameters to a limited extent
- Control and monitor technical processes
- Check customer facilities
- Document and evaluate work and operational processes
- Identify operational malfunctions and react in an autonomous manner
- Work in a cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner whilst remaining aware of hygiene
- Apply relevant legal provisions, technical rules and health and safety at work provisions whilst according due consideration to quality management
- Work in a customer oriented manner and use relevant information and communication technologies
- Procure information, plan and coordinate work
- Document performance and initiate quality assurance measures, measures for health and safety at work and measures for environmental protection
- Carry out work autonomously on the basis of technical documentation and rules and in compliance with the relevant legal stipulations.