Fields of work
Geomaticians work in the civil service or in private firms in the geo-information sector, particularly in public agencies responsible for surveying, land registration and geo-information services; in cartographical enterprises and publishers; in enterprises specialising in remote sensing and in enterprises and agencies making use of geo-information systems.
- log and capture geodata
- process, manage and visually interpret geodata
- model geodata and process it in different formats for different media
- use geomatic information and communications systems
- carry out jobs requiring the use of geodata, in a customer-oriented manner
- assist in advising customers and apply marketing strategies
- apply methods of visual communication and graphic design of maps, and communicate and present topics of a complex spatial nature
- translate geodata into maps, graphical presentations and multimedia products, use information and communication technologies
- observe occupation-specific legal and administrative regulations
- apply the scientific and mathematical principles of geo-information technology
- work in a team-oriented and quality-focused manner
The occupational profiles are based on information from BERUFENET and BIBB.