Fields of work
Wicker workers are mainly employed in workshops at small companies.
- Produce wicker goods, wicker furniture and other wicker items;
- design and create wicker items and present designs;
- handle and maintain tools, equipment, machines and templates;
- work and process materials and ancillary materials,
- check and monitor the quality of materials and raw materials;
- treat surfaces;
- present wicker goods;
- store and dispatch products;
- maintain and repair wicker products;
- carry out quality assurance measures;
- plan and prepare work processes;
- set up workplaces;
- adopt a customer and business oriented approach to the execution of works on the basis of work orders working both alone and as part of a team;
- coordinate work with other trades;
- plan and document work;
- stipulate stages of work;
- select the necessary equipment, materials and auxiliary materials;
- record materials and time used;
- invoice for services provided;
- initiate safety, health and safety at work and environmental protection measures at the workplace;
- use information and communication technologies.
The occupational profiles are based on information from BERUFENET and BIBB.