Your profession: Inland shipping captain (m/f)
Inland shipping captains operate and steer ships on inland waterways. They are responsible for the maintenance and safety of the goods, passengers and crews on the ships.
Fields of work
Inland shipping captains are employed e.g.
- in firms for goods and passenger transport firms in inland shipping
- at port facilities and port authorities
- by and shipping authorities
- in port and ship construction
- in rental services of water transport equipment
- in cargo handling