Fields of work
Bicycle mechanics work in cycle shops and for cycle companies in the craft trade sector.
- Autonomous and responsible work for the complete execution of work orders
- Use specialist techniques such as testing, measuring, assembly, dismantling, joining, separating and manual and machine processing
- Plan and monitor work processes, use testing and measuring devices and evaluate work results
- Maintain bicycles and other products common in the branch
- Assemble and dismantle structural parts, sub-assemblies and systems,
- Fit accessories and additional parts to bicycles
- Recommend services, goods and products
- Advise customers with regard to maintenance and repair works
- Produce bicycles from individual components.
The occupational profiles are based on information from BERUFENET and BIBB.