Competent authority Authority

Baker (m/f)
German: Bäcker/in

Registration with the Register of Crafts and Trades (the so-called Handwerksrolle) is mandatory if you wish to become self-employed in this occupation. For this, your foreign qualification usually must be recognised as being equal to the corresponding German master craftsman qualification. Please find detailed information on registering with the Register of Crafts and Trades by following the link of the master craftsman occupation listed below.

The Master qualification for your selected occupation is

Coronavirus: Fewer recognition services

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, some services for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Germany are currently not available.

You can learn more about recognition from us whenever you like. Take some time to read our information, available in 11 languages! Then you will be well informed for the next steps.

Via the Recognition Finder you can find out everything about the recognition procedure for your occupation, which documents you need and where you should send your application: › To the Recognition Finder

Our FAQ provide answers to the most common questions about recognition: › To the FAQs

You can find out which services are not available or only available to a limited extent by checking our information page on the current situation: › To the information page