Competent authority Authority
Vessel and equipment constructor (master craftsman qualification)
German: Behälter- und Apparatebauermeister/in

Fields of work

Master vessel and equipment constructors mainly work for engineering companies or for manufacturers of heating boilers and furnaces, i.e. for companies that produce and maintain vessels, metal containers or whole plants for various areas of application. They may also be employed by engineering companies specialising in technical planning or by technical inspection agencies.

Professional experience

Master vessel and equipment constructors take on specialist and management tasks, especially at craft trade companies that use copper and other metals to manufacture components and subassemblies for containers, industrial equipment, apparatus and pipelines which they then assemble to form systems or plants.

The occupational profiles are based on information from BERUFENET and BIBB.

Coronavirus: Fewer recognition services

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, some services for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Germany are currently not available.

You can learn more about recognition from us whenever you like. Take some time to read our information, available in 11 languages! Then you will be well informed for the next steps.

Via the Recognition Finder you can find out everything about the recognition procedure for your occupation, which documents you need and where you should send your application: › To the Recognition Finder

Our FAQ provide answers to the most common questions about recognition: › To the FAQs

You can find out which services are not available or only available to a limited extent by checking our information page on the current situation: › To the information page