Learning German

Lernende Personen im Klassenraum
© iStock.com / monkeybusinessimages

If you want to live and work in Germany, you should learn German. A good knowledge of the language will help you both in your work and in your everyday life. A knowledge of German is even mandatory in order to be able to work in certain professions.

Learn German in an integration course

The integration courses funded by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) are aimed at immigrants, asylum seekers with good prospects of being able to remain in Germany, persons with leave to remain and holders of a residence permit. Integration courses teach German skills that will help you in everyday life.

Coronavirus: Fewer recognition services

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, some services for the recognition of foreign professional qualifications in Germany are currently not available.

You can learn more about recognition from us whenever you like. Take some time to read our information, available in 11 languages! Then you will be well informed for the next steps.

Via the Recognition Finder you can find out everything about the recognition procedure for your occupation, which documents you need and where you should send your application: › To the Recognition Finder

Our FAQ provide answers to the most common questions about recognition:  › To the FAQs

You can find out which services are not available or only available to a limited extent by checking our information page on the current situation: › To the information page