Nine dual training occupations modernised
On August 1, new training ordinances for nine dual training occupations have entered into force. These include the occupations of cycle mechatronics technician and office manager. You can find all occupations in our Recognition Finder.
Of the current total of 328 dual training occupations that exist in Germany, nine occupations have been modernised by the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB). Many of the previously known occupations have been renamed in the process:
- Specialist in ice cream makin (formerly: ice cream maker)
- Motor vehicle body and vehicle construction mechanic
- Office manager (new training occupation, intended to replace the occupations "office clerk", "office communication clerk" and "specialist in office communication")
- Insurance and financial services broker
- Agricultural and construction machinery mechatronics technician (formerly: mechanic for agricultural and construction machinery technology)
- Technologist in confectionery goods (formerly: specialist in confectionery technology)
- Maker of plucked musical instruments
- Cycle mechatronics technician (formerly: bicycle mechanic)
In addition, the occupation of film and video laboratory technician was abolished without replacement.
Right now, the BIBB is already working to modernise several other training occupations. These are expected to enter into force at the beginning of the 2015 training year and will of course also be updated in the Recognition Finder. They include, for example, the qualified assistants to lawyers, patent agents and notary publics.
Read the press release of the BIBB.